Coronavirus Practice Update & Patient Guidelines
In accordance with the Illinois Department of Public Health we have implemented the following COVID-19 guidelines:
Guideline for Patients:
- Preoperative Testing for COVID-19 is required for each patient within 72 hours of a scheduled procedure with a preoperative COVID-19 RT-PCR test and ensure COVID-19 negative status.
- Patients must self-quarantine until the day of surgery after being tested.
- A temperature check also must be completed on the day of arrival at the facility with results of less than 100.4 degrees prior to proceeding with an elective procedure.
Guidelines for Non-Patients (assisting patient following their procedure):
- No additional guests will be allowed to enter the facility other than the patient.
- A mask must be worn at all times
- A temperature check will be administered prior to entering the facility
Additionally, we routinely screen staff and others who work in the facility (physicians, nurses, housekeeping, delivery, and other people who would enter the patient area) with COVID-19 RT-PCR testing.
If you have any questions prior to your arrival, please contact our office (847) 563-8029 during normal office hours.
For more information about COVID-19 and what you can do to keep healthy and safe, visit the Centers for Disease Control at cdc.gov or visit the local health department’s website.